RECAP: Top 10 Proposal Management Process Improvement Lessons Learned
(1) Carefully shred the RFP.
(2) Conduct a bid / no bid review.
(3) Develop your schedule with the end in mind.
(4) Allow at least 10-15% of the proposal response period for planning, before the proposal kick-off meeting is held.
(5) Establish and enforce ground rules for daily stand-up meetings.
(6) Develop volume templates / outlines that are compliant with Section L for ease of evaluation.
(7) Provide guidance / training for writers – don’t assume they know how to write proposals and/or compliant responses.
(8) Assign roles to each reviewer and conduct in-briefs / out-briefs for Color Reviews.
(9) Request a debrief.
(10) Conduct a lessons learned review.